Answers to frequently asked questions
On patenting inventions and utility models
- How to patent an idea?
- How to obtain a patent for an invention (utility model)?
- How to calculate patent fees?
- Who has the right to apply?
- What is the term of obtaining a patent for an invention (utility model)?
- What is the validity period of the rights to the Invention (utility model)?
- Is it possible to extend the validity of the right to an invention (utility model)?
Patenting of industrial designs
- How to protect the original design from counterfeiting and borrowing?
- What can be protected as an industrial model?
- Under what conditions are legal protection provided?
- What decisions are not provided by the legal protection?
- What is the validity period of the exclusive right to an industrial design?
Registration of trademarks and service marks
- What is a trade mark and service mark?
- What symbols are registered as trademarks?
- How do I register a trade mark and/or service mark?
- What are the requirements for specifying the list of goods and/or services in the trademark application?
- How to calculate the cost of duties?
- Who can apply for the trademark registration?
- How long does it take to obtain a trademark certificate?
- What is the validity period of the exclusive right to a trademark?